Breaking News. Regular posts under this one!

My blog is updated ahead of time- if i take a while to get back to your comments, i'm sorry! I still love you all and will visit whenever sister can help me.

Sister also helps my nephew Hansel blog - and it's updated ALMOST every day.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Photo Hunters # 2: Ruined

This week's Photo Hunters theme is ruined. My basil plants are ruined. This makes me sad. No more good smells in the backyard. My good smells are ruined.






And when the sun shines just right on the basil, you can see how much it's ruined. All because of the change in seasons. Soon, it'll be even worse.



A few people asked a while ago about my banana plant. It too will be ruined. But, dad cuts it down to the stalk, and brings him inside for the winter. He will stay nice and safe and warm, and his heart (or roots) will not be ruined by the nasty cold weather. He will be planted again in the spring, and will grow nice and tall again. next spring, i think we will track the growth! That'll be fun guys. :) Kind of like how my friends Maggie and Mitch (sorry my links aren't working right but you can find them in my blogroll list) measure the growth of their beards! :)

Hope you all have a nice weekend!




4 comments:

Casper and pals said...

Oh no so many ruined things in your yard!

Jimmy Joe said...

Oh boy, it is sad when the weather ruins our nice plants. I'm glad you can keep your banana plant's roots alive over the winter, at least.
Your buddy, Jimmy joe

Molly the Airedale said...

We're still bummed about your banana plant, Isis, and now the basil! Mom says this is the best smelling plant in her garden! She just loves her basil! The plants will come back - we just have to be patient and wait!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

White Dog Blog said...

Isis,
Tell Sister to gather up some of the basil that still smells nice and make a little sachet for you to have over the winter. That way you sniff it during the cold season and dream about how great it will be to lie in during the warm summer days to come.