Breaking News. Regular posts under this one!

My blog is updated ahead of time- if i take a while to get back to your comments, i'm sorry! I still love you all and will visit whenever sister can help me.

Sister also helps my nephew Hansel blog - and it's updated ALMOST every day.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

my christmas tree.

Everyone gather around the tree!
we're about to light it!

Every year our family has a tradition that each member has to put
at least one ornament up.
My dad really helped a lot this year compared to last,
my grammy, and my brother. Sister, her husband (we'll call him 'the guy') and mom always decorate.
Then, mom and sister put the tinsel on while the guy wishes he could,
but he doesn't do a very good job....
Then when it's time to light it, we all come in - getting people to see the finished product is easier than getting them to help. But since so many were enthusiastic about it this year it didn't take long at all.
Then we light the tree for the first time while we're all there.
See the colored lights at the top on the ceiling and wall?
This really old star has an inside piece that spins when it gets warm.
Then, the colors change on the wall.
its my favorite star ever.

Here is a close up of our lights!
:)


10 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

That is a realy pretty tree and even more special because it is down the generations.. Lovely... Hugs GJ xx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a pawesome scene!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

White Dog Blog said...

I love family rituals; especially ones as beautiful as trimming and lighting the tree. May you find a bounty of presents underneath it on Christmas morning.

Maxie said...

What a beautiful tradition. I hope you get to pick an ornament too.

Love,
Charlie

Lorenza said...

You have a very nice tradition!
Here, there are only two for that! My mom and my grandma!
Your tree looks beautiful!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Prints the Cat said...

Wow, that's a lot of tinsel.

Charlie is right. I hope you got to pick an ornament. Your top light is neat. I like how it spins around to change color. But, don't you think it'd be even better if it were an eskie?

Teddy Bear said...

Family traditions are so great. Your tree looks magnificant!

Love,
Teddy Bear

Molly the Airedale said...

ooooooooooooooh - you have colored lights on your tree, Isis! It's just beautiful!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Florida Furkids said...

That's a purrty tree!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Animal Doctor said...

Wow, your tree is awesome, Isis. Thanks for also sharing the story behind it. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of your family!

lovelots, Scarlet.